This course, hosted by the Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI), is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary for gender considerations and involvement of the vulnerable groups in development programmes. Featuring lecturettes, exercises and group discussions, the five-day workshop runs from August 14th to August 18th, 2017, and is being held at ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. Registration for the workshop costs NGN33,000.
- Basic gender and vulnerable groups’ concept.
- Strategies for mainstreaming gender and the vulnerable groups into development programmes.
- Gender-awareness planning and control.
- Gender Issues in Management.
- Methods of collecting gender-disaggregated data.
- Analysis, reporting and presentation of gender statistics.
- Budgeting with Gender focus.
- Gender, vulnerable groups and advocacy.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe basic gender and vulnerable groups’ concepts.
- Identify gender issues in development planning.
- Collect and analyze gender-disaggregated data.
- Incorporate gender and the vulnerable groups into development programmes.