This ‘Gender Issues and Sustainable Development’ workshop will examine the human elements in the process of growth and development. Hosted by the Centre for Management Development (CMD), the workshop will run from the 14th to the 18th of August, 2017, at the CMD Training Complex, CMD Road, Shangisha, Lagos. The workshop costs NGN75,000 to attend, and is aimed at senior managers (both male and female) in key ministries in the federal, state and local governments, pressure groups, NGOs, and the private sector. Also expected to attend are labour leaders and senior personnel officers of various organisations.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Analyse the concepts and elements of sustainable developmentIdentify gender imbalances and their implications
- Appraise the institutional framework for women development and empowerment
- Examine the impact of economic reforms on the vulnerable groups of which women form the highest percentage
- Determine appropriate strategies and policy intervention for gender balance in the development process.
- Gender in Development: An Overview
- Concept and Framework for Sustainable Human Development
- Conceptual and Methodological Framework for Women Development and Empower-ment
- Gender, Population and Socio-economic Development
- Gender Dimensions of Macroeconomic Policies
- Issues in Women Advancement
- Strategies Towards Meaningful Gender Balance in Economic Development
- Gender Analysis and Auditing and Development
- Ethical Issues in Gender Mainstreaming