This five-day workshop by the Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI) seeks to equip men and women with the skills needed to understand and manage gender issues in the context of social and economic development. The workshop runs from September 11th – 15th, 2017, and will be held at ARMTI, Km. 18, Ilorin-Ajase-Ipo Highway, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. The registration cost for the workshop is NGN33,000, and it is aimed toward: Development Officers/ Practitioners in the Federal and State Ministries, Local Government, Research Institutes, Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, NDDC, NGOs, CBOs and Faith-Based Organisations.
- Overview of Gender and Development.
- Addressing Gender Issues in Management.
- Gender Analysis Tools.
- Gender, population and development.
- Gender and Sustainable development.
- Gender and ICT.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Gender, Vulnerable Groups and Advocacy.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept and principles of gender development.
- Identify gender issues in Agricultural and Rural Development sector.
- Collect and analyse gender disaggregated data.
- Develop strategies for the empowerment of disadvantaged group.